B21 will host a panel discussion at the Advance the Church Regional being held in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The panel will be a part of the conference itself, so you will need to register for ATC conference to attend the panel. The title of this conference is “The Supremacy of Christ in the Local Church.” The title of the B21 panel will be “Relevant: Should we do that in Church?” (there is more info below on the B21 Panel).
From the Advance Website: We’ve invited a host of qualified preachers and teachers to speak about the supremacy of Christ in the local church. The main session speakers will be preaching from the book of Colossians with a final message delivered on the “The Supremacy of Christ Among the Nations” by David Platt.
Where: Temple Baptist Church (West Campus) 5220 Old Highway 11 Hattiesburg, MS, 39402
When: Feb. 28 and March 1 (Check out the Schedule)
Speakers (check out Speaker’s bios)
- RUSSELL MOORE
- JIM SHADDIX
- TONY MERIDA
- DAVID PLATT
- TYLER JONES
- FRED LUTER
- J.D. GREEAR
- CHARLES QUARLES
Cost: $20 for students/$40 for everyone else
Topic: Relevant: Should we do that in Church?
Time: Monday, February 28th at 5pm
Speakers: David Platt, Russell Moore, Tony Merida, JD Greear, Jim Shaddix, and Tyler Jones
- Do we have to sacrifice being relevant to be faithful or vice versa?
- Do I have to go to “church” to be a Christian?
- Is it true that we are the church?
- How should we go about determining what we do in corporate worship? For instance, should we congregationally sing “secular” songs?
- What’s the deal with spontaneous baptisms?
- What should our main focus be in corporate worship?
- Is corporate worship for believers or non-believers? Should every sermon be evangelistic?
- Should churches exercise corporate church discipline and should a church go about instituting that?
- Topical vs. Book series?
- Technological pros and cons?
- Is small group necessary or just attendance of corporate worship?
- How much should a church “cater” to their members and how much should they intentionally avoid this to send their people out?
- What should you bring about change in a church when they are doing something they shouldn’t be doing in church?
- As those who hold to a strong local autonomy, how should we think about the Universal Church?
REMEMBER TO REGISTER FOR THE ATC CONFERENCE TO BE A PART OF THE B21 PANEL