Tomorrow we will begin back with regular posts and podcasts, this will include either a podcast interview with Acts29 Pastor Aaron Coe or the 2nd part of the interview with Reid and Liederbach.
“Baptist 21 seeks to 1) express appreciation for the godly men and women who have ministered before us, 2) engage the world with the gospel in the present, and 3) cast a vision for continued Southern Baptist witness in the 21st century and beyond. We pray this vision will compel Baptists, especially younger Baptists, to cooperate together in the Great Mission our King has given to us.”
Reminder of Who We Are:
What does the future hold for baptist21?
We are going to begin a vision series that will capture our outlook for the 21st century church and SBC. Through this series, we will focus on the motivations that led us to starting baptist21, such as mission, church planting, cooperation, missional networks, the church, and the gospel. In this series, we will write about the distinctives that make us Baptist, the non-negotiables that we must hold to cooperate together, future strategies that will enable the churches of the SBC to be on mission with God, and a look at the benefits of cooperation.
New Things to Consider from the Site:
- If you have had an RSS subscription with us, you will need to “revise” that one to the new one.
- If you have subscribed to our podcast that also will need to be changed to the new site’s podcast feed.
- In addition, the new podcast is available on I-Tunes here.
- Baptist21 Favorites- this will include a list of our favorite books, current reading lists, and favorite sermons and lectures.
- Benjamin Quinn- works in Student Development at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and serves as the Associate Pastor at Holly Grove Baptist Church in Spring Hope, NC. Benjamin grew up in Corinth, MS and received a BA in Biblical Studies from Union University in ‘05, an MDiv in Christian Ministry at SEBTS in ‘08, and is currently pursuing a ThM. Benjamin married his junior high sweetheart, the beautiful Ashley Quinn, and has a wonderful daughter Emma Claire and another little one on the way.
- Walter Strickland- serves as the Assistant to the Connections Pastor at The Summit Church in Durham, NC. He was born in Chicago and grew up in Southern California (Go Trojans). Walter’s passion is for all cultures in the States and beyond to cling to the one true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Walter also has a life long love for playing both music and sports. Walter received a B.A. in Biblical and Theological Studies from Cedarville University and is currently in the final semester of his M.Div. at Southeastern Seminary.”
- Brandt Waggoner- serves as the Minister to College Students at Christ Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC. Brandt has a BS in English from Union University, and is currently pursuing a Masters of Divinity at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. In the summer of 2008 Brandt married Jill and they are enjoying life together in Wake Forest, NC.
Popular Past Blogs:
Thank you baptist21 community for being patient with us during this transition that ran into a bunch of speed bumps. We want to say “Thank You” to a whole host of people that made this transition possible: Micah Fries (blogger and designer and pastor), Ryan Hutchinson, Jonathan McDill, Courtney Navey, and Alyson Dresner. We are grateful for your help and are indebted to you.
contact us with thoughts or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org