Dr. Ed Stetzer is known around the world for his expertise in church planting and missiology. He is an exemplary husband, father, church planter, pastor, missiologist, and leader. Dr. Stetzer has planted churches in New York, Pennsylvania, and Georgia and transitioned declining churches in Indiana, Georgia, and Tennessee. He has trained pastors and church planters on five continents, holds two masters degrees and two doctorates, and has written dozens of articles and books. Ed is a columnist for Outreach Magazine and Catalyst Monthly, serves on the advisory council of Sermon Central and Christianity Today’s Building Church Leaders, and is frequently cited or interviewed in news outlets such as USA Today and CNN.
Ed is Visiting Professor of Research and Missiology at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Visiting Research Professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, and has taught at fifteen other colleges and seminaries. He also serves on the Church Services Team at the International Mission Board.
Ed is currently interim pastor of Two Rivers Baptist Church in Nashville, TN.
Ed’s primary role is President of LifeWay Research and LifeWay’s Missiologist in Residence.
He has written the following books:
- Planting New Churches in a Postmodern Age (2003)
- Perimeters of Light: Biblical Boundaries for the Emerging Church (with Elmer Towns, 2004)
- Breaking the Missional Code (with David Putman, 2006)
- Planting Missional Churches (2006)
- Comeback Churches (with Mike Dodson, 2007)
- 11 Innovations in the Local Church (with Elmer Towns and Warren Bird, 2007)
- Compelled by Love: The Most Excellent Way to Missional Living (with Philip Nation, 2008)
- Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and the Churches that Reach Them (with Richie Stanley and Jason Hayes, 2009)
- Viral Churches: Helping Church Planters Become Movement Makers (with Warren Bird, 2010)
- Transformational Church: Creating a New Scorecard for Congregations (with Thom S. Rainer, 2010)
- Spiritual Warfare and Missions: The Battle For God’s Glory Among the Nations (with Jerry Rankin, 2010)
Dr. Stetzer spends much of his time traveling the globe speaking at conferences and churches about church growth, church planting, and missiology. Baptist21 is grateful for the contribution Dr. Stetzer has made and continues to make on the Kingdom in the 21st Century. We are excited about what he will bring to the B21 panel on June 15th. You can register for this event here.