Baptist21 will host a panel at this year’s Tennessee Baptist Convention on Tuesday Night November 15th at 5pm. The panel will be held at FBC Hendersonville, the site for this year’s convention.
The topic of conversation will be “Cooperation for Mission.” Panelists will discuss what missions cooperation needs to look like for Tennessee Baptist churches and our convention for us to accomplish King Jesus’ commission in the 21st century. There are many complicated challenges we face as a convention of churches trying to partner together in this task:
- Thousands of Unreached People Groups: We were reminded at this year’s SBC that there are 3,800 unengaged, unreached people groups that no one is telling about Jesus. SBC churches were challenged to embrace one of those 3,800. Given the command of King Jesus to make disciples of all people groups, how can Tennessee churches best leverage our people and our resources to fulfill the Great Commission?
- Massive Lostness in Tennessee: There is great lostness in our own state, and when we add to that dying and declining churches we face an uphill challenge. How can we revitalize stagnant churches and plant new ones to reach our state for Jesus?
- Cooperative giving is declining: Cooperative Program (CP) giving is declining. We have a “shrinking pie.” We need to ask and answer the question “Why is the CP worth giving to? Why is this a great investment for missions dollars?” What challenges does the CP face, and how can they be overcome?
- Name Change: SBC President Byrant Wright has appointed a task force to study a possible name change for the SBC. Does the name “Southern Baptist Convention” help us fulfill our mandate?
These topics and more will be discussed by key pastors and leaders. Who will be helping us in this discussion?
- Randy Davis– the Executive Director of the TBC
- Robby Gallaty– Pastor of Brainerd Baptist Church
- Pat Hood– Pastor of Lifepoint Church
- David Landrith– Pastor of Long Hollow Baptist Church
- Ben Mandrell– Pastor of Englewood Baptist Church
Please take time to join us for this event. You will receive a FREE MEAL, opportunities to develop relationships, and invaluable time learning from godly men. We hope this will be a great night and a great resource to Tennessee ministers and churches.
IN ADDITION, DON’T FORGET ABOUT THIS FRIDAY’S B21 PANEL IN INDIANA
B21 Panel @ Indiana Shepherd’s Conference
– When: October 21, 2011 at 8:30pm
– Where: Highland Lakes Baptist Camp, Martinsville, IN
– What: Panel discussion- “Right Gospel, Wrong Text? Preaching Christ From All Of Scripture”
* Tony Merida- Pastor, Imago Dei Church, Raleigh, NC
* Greg Gilbert- Pastor, Third Avenue Baptist Church, Louisville, KY
* Jim Hamilton- Pastor, Kenwood Baptist Church, Louisville, KY. Associate Professor of Biblical Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
* David Prince- Pastor, Ashland Avenue Baptist Church, Lexington, KY. Adjunct Professor of Preaching at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary