NASHVILLE, TN — Dr. Ronnie Floyd, President of the SBC Executive Committee, presented a new vision this evening of what the SBC could become over the next five years. At the core of Floyd’s vision is a desire for our denomination to unite around the heart of the Southern Baptist Convention: the Great Commission. The specific wording of Floyd’s central message is as follows: “Vision 2025 is a call to reach every person for Jesus Christ in every town, every city, every state, and every nation.” To provide a roadmap for achieving this objective, as well as creating tenable metrics to help us know if we are succeeding along the way, the following five strategic actions were developed:
- Increase our total number of full-time, fully funded missionaries by a net gain of 500, giving us 4,200 full-time, fully funded missionaries through the International Mission Board.
- Add 6,000 new churches to our Southern Baptist family, giving us more than 50,000 churches.
- Increase our total number of workers in the field through a new emphasis on “calling out the called,” and then preparing those who are called out by the Lord.
- Turn around our ongoing decline in reaching, baptizing, and discipling 12- to 17-year-olds in the prime of their teenage years.
- Increase our annual giving in successive years to reach and surpass $500 million given through the Cooperative Program to achieve these Great Commission goals.
B21 is behind this vision and is thankful for this concerted effort to reach every person with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
To download a comprehensive and sharable version of the 2025 SBC Vision, click below.